- Jackknife-the trailer swings out from the cab at a 90-degree angle
- Underride-a car crashes into the rear of a truck, sliding underneath
- Lost Load-cargo comes loose, making the truck difficult to control and in some cases falling onto the road
- Tire Blowout-a tire blows out and the driver struggles to control the truck
- Truck Rollover-a speeding flips over onto its side
A truck accident often occurs because of negligence by the driver, who may have been speeding, distracted or asleep at the wheel. In some cases, the trucking company's negligence led to the crash. For example, they failed to properly maintain the truck or gave a driver a deadline that was not realistic.
Fighting for victims in Syracuse and Central New York
The medical expenses for injuries suffered in a truck accident can add up fast, and total hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars in a lifetime. And victims can be left unable to work temporarily-or permanently. The personal injury attorneys at Cherundolo Law Firm fight to recover financial compensation that meets the needs of our clients.
We begin by investigating the truck accident to find out what really happened. Our legal team knows where to look for evidence of negligence. We will seek access to hours of service logs, maintenance records and information from the truck's electronic control module (or "black box"). Our attorneys check to see if all federal regulations were followed, and if the driver was operating the truck responsibly.
If you've been injured in a truck accident, you need an experienced attorney on your side. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.